Colegio Santa Marta
Who we are
We are looking for interested people who would love to serve God as English teachers at our Kinder through 12th grade school in Baja California, Mexico. We are located 60 miles south of Ensenada in a small town, San Vicente. We serve 250 students from the nearby communities of San Vicente, Bonfil, Colonet and Diaz Ordaz. We are a private Christian school incorporated in the Mexican School Education System. We charge $300 pesos a month (around $15.00 dollars) that includes tuition & transportation fees. We offer scholarships to the parents who cannot afford paying for these fees.
Our school abides by the Mexican school calendar. We start the year in mid-August and end in the middle of July completing the required 200 school days. Our school hours are from 7:30 – 3:00 most days, students are taught English every day for 40-50 minute rotations.
- Be able to teach English every day from 7:50 to 2:00
- Create daily lesson plans for K – 6th or 7th– 12th grade levels.
- Be available to work in the Internet room offering support with homework for children who live in the Home from 4:30 – 5:30.
- Be flexible, willing and help out wherever possible both in the school and home.
- Raise prayer and financial support.
- Room and board are $210 a month, car and health insurance and other personal expenses need to be calculated into your budget.
- 20+ years old – Download, fill out and submit an online application form to email@example.com (Link below).
- Send three recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Pastor
- A family member
- A friend
- Obtain a physical from a doctor using the form in the online application (Link below).
- Obtain a background check. If your church/organization does not have a background check service, there are several online sites that you can use like: Protect Ministry; Accufax; Instant Checkmate. Make sure the background checks are for a federal or national crime database. We can help with background checks from Sterling Volunteers which costs $20 to cover the price of the background check contact our office for more details email@example.com
- Visit Rancho Santa Marta/Colegio Santa Marta prior to committing to serve here.
- Have a valid passport. Remember a passport is required to return to the US.